November 7, 2008

Top Deck Tour of Europe

Tons of Pictures! This is doing my tour in reverse. Blogger loads pictures weird....but anyways enjoy!

This is certainly not my plate. Daniel got frog legs, and he made me try them.

Frog leg is on the fork! I do not look pleased.
Quasimodo's residence, aka Notre Dame. It is smaller than i expected it to be. The grandeur of the building is much better seen up close.

Mona Lisa is just inside, but I didn't want to stare at the back of some Japanese tourists head trying to get to it. This is now the Louvre, a big art museum, but it used to be where Mary Antoinette used to live and have her grand parties. At least until she got her head chopped off. (This is a very shortened version of the story. If you are interested, email me for more details or you can look it up for a more accurate account.)


Cleopatra's Needle. There are only 4 of these in the world.


Don't mess with me. I will shoot you with my cannon.


It was raining when we got to see the Arc de Triomph. Built in memory of the revolution (Death of Mary Antoinette).


The real Moulin Rouge!


The Eiffel Tower sparkles on the hour. (I sparkle all the time ;)


Me, over the city of Paris.


Raider at the Tower.


This was the first dome ceiling ever built and was the largest....and I guess the smallest too....


The colosseum in Rome. I couldn't help but think of the gladiators and Julius Ceasar.

Rome.


The Roman Forums...Where Ceasar walked around is about 11 meters below the city of Rome today.


Toss one coin if you want to return to Rome. Toss two coins if you want to find love. Toss three coins if you want a divorce. It must be over your left shoulder. I tossed one coin of course!


I am drinkin from the Trevi Fountain. You can drink from all the fountains in Rome. People were filling up buckets and water bottles.


Trevi Fountain.


The Pantheon. I think this dome beat out the first one ever built in size.


Masquerade masks were all over Italy.



Rome from a bridge.

Inside St. Peters Basilica. His remains are actually still here.



School of Athens inside the Vatican City.


This was supposed to be the portrate of the ideal and perfect man. Sorry no length wise pictures...


This monk was walkin around the Vatican City.


Colosseum by night.


Raider in Rome


Trevi Fountains by night



Spanish steps...always this crowded


Venice from inside a Gondola


That is a street in Venice. Want to catch the bus...boat?



Swiss Alps. It snowed while we were in Switzerland.


This is the cemetary where the family in "Sound of Music" hid from the Nazis. This is in Salzburg, Austria, which is also the place where Mozart was born.


The devils footprint....does your shoe fit?


Town Square in Munich



This is the largest beer stein in the World. The smaller ones are a tradition of Germany. It keeps their huge beers cold for hours. If the lid is closed, everything is good. If the lid is open, the waitress better refill!


Knight in shining armor.


My clogs...boots are much more comfy.


This just seemed like typical holland to me.



No comments: