August 20, 2008

Predeparture

I am anticipating my departure for Denmark on Saturday. Cade and I packed a bag and weighed it today. I guess he isn't the only one living in another country for months at a time, but my trip will be a bit more fun! My predeparture packet from DIS (Danish Institute for Study Abroad) gave me a lot of useful information and helped to give me an idea of what to expect. I now know that if I want to make friends with the Danes, I will have to be the first to speak up, which will be a challenge for the shy Molly we all know. There will be a certain shift in my eating habits. There will be less beef and more seafood and pork. Classes will also be very different and extremely challenging. The professors are professionals in their field and teach their classes based on real-life situations in their current companies and businesses. I look forward to the challenges of the academics and the new environment.

1 comment:

bigtexan said...

Hey sweetie,

I loved reading this blog, because I can tell that you are looking at this trip in a very positive way. I love that about you. Always see the good in everything. Take it one day at a time, and know that I love you with all my heart. I cant wait to talk to you. I love you so much May.


-Bing